The nominating committee has chosen a group of 7 community members to serve on the steering committee. These members are:
- Ramona Snyder, Chair
- Jeff Englander, Vice Chair
- Helen Dubois
- Steve Ling
- Frank Ponikvar
- Doris Livezey
- Charlsie Chang
Applications for Budget Delegates will remain open until Monday, January 29th, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Nominating Committee members’ roles include:
- Recommending steering committee membership to the District 1 Council Office for final approval
- Establishing criteria and goals for steering committee and budget delegates to ensure diverse participation
Steering Committee members’ roles include:
- Appointing budget delegates
- Establishing criteria and categories for project proposal submission
- Working with the District 1 office on project vetting criteria
Budget Delegates’ roles include:
- Conducting outreach and encouraging community members to submit ideas and vote
- Vetting submitted ideas through research and based on established criteria
- Working with the District 1 office and city staff to obtain cost estimates on budget ideas that will eventually turn into proposals for voting.
Are you interested in playing a role as a budget delegate? Fill out the application below!